1971 Western Avenue, PMB 104
Albany, NY 12203
FAX (518) 456-0561
This course is intended for School Resource Officers, Police Juvenile Law Enforcement Officers, DARE Officers, School Liaison Officers and Supervisors of SRO’s, who would also benefit from taking this course.
This 5-day, 38 hours SNYPJOA-certified course has been developed for the juvenile law enforcement officer who will be, or is interested in working in an educational environment. The attendees will be given a working knowledge of the School Resource Officer concept and other school based policing programs. They will be given information on the relationships that must be developed between the law enforcement community and the educational systems if they are to be successful. There will be a written examination and at least one graded practical exercise for each student.
* History of School Based Policing
* SRO Roles and Responsibilities
* School Law Updates (Save Legislation)
* Interview and Counseling Techniques
* Classroom Strategies for the Officer
* Legal Aspects of School Base Policing
* Involvement in Student Activities
* Law Related Education
* Crime Prevention Strategies
* Adolescent Stress and Suicide
* School Violence
* Dealing with the Special Ed Student
* Dysfunctional Families
* Substance Abuse
* Ethics and Professionalism
A certificate will be issued by the State of New York Police Juvenile Officers Assocaition for all participants that hold the status of police or peace officer.